Pictured: Location of Geneva Non-Magnetic Watch Company Headquarters in the Mont-Blanc complex in Geneva (Middle Building), Promotion for the Grand Hotel de Russie, c.1880s. The business operation of the Geneva.
Pictured: “Testing Waltham Watches with the Great Cannon Magnets, Willet’s Point N.Y.” - Scientific American, April 14, 1888. Following Thomas Edison’s endorsement praising the Non-Magnetic Watch Company’s watches, Waltham fired.
Pictured: Waltham Non-Magnetic Watch Advertisement, The Locomotive Engineers’ Journal, February 1888. Just as the Non-Magnetic Watch Company launched their innovative non-magnetic watches in the United States, the American Waltham Watch.
Pictured: “The Wonder of the Age - Geneva Non-Magnetic Watch.” The Janesville Daily Gazette, November 1, 1887. The early evolution of the Non-Magnetic Watch Company became more chaotic as Alfred.
Pictured: Thomas Edison’s Jumbo Dynamo (Electric Generator) Charles-Auguste Paillard originally developed palladium alloys for use in fine marine chronometers due to the non-corrosive properties of the alloy. In the 1880s,.
Pictured: Magnetized Balance and Hairspring As electricity was fervently adopted in the late 1800s to power lighting and other devices, the influence of magnetism on watches became a more significant.