c.1912 Postcard of the Fahy’s Watch Case Company Factory in Sag Harbor, Long Island. In the 1870s, Joseph Fahys partnered with the Fortenbach Bros. and began mass-producing cases at their factory in Carlstadt, New Jersey. After being challenged with repeated outbreaks of malaria amongst the workforce, Fahys began looking for a location to relocate and build a bigger factory. On October 20, 1881, production began at the Fahys Watch Case Company in Sag Harbor, New York. Fahys quickly became one of the largest case manufacturers in the United States, primarily focusing on silver, nickel, and gold-filled watch cases until the Great Depression.
The original factory building in Sag Harbor has been repurposed and converted into modern condos.